Sage has been running year-round for the last 16 years of his life. He jumped up to marathons while attending school at Cornell University and qualified for his first US Olympic Trials in 2007. After a pro road running career he started ultra marathons and mountain racing on the trails in 2012. He does everything from SkyRunning races, net uphill mountain races, road marathons, and the way up to 100km on the trails (so far). In 2015 he plan to debut at the 100-mile distance at UTMB.
- 2 x Speedgoat 50km Champion (2013, 2014)
- 2 x Tarawera 100km Champion (2013, 20014)
- Pikes Peak Ascent Champion 2014 (2:10)
- 1st place at The North Face 50-mile Championships 2014 (6:07)
- 2nd place, SkyRunning Ultra World Series (2013, 2014)